The mission of the Office of International & National Student Exchange Programs (OINSEP) is to strengthen the academic and cultural environment of the University using initiatives that support the internationalization of the campus community.
The Office of International & National Student Exchange Programs provides students at SC State a passport to international educational and cultural opportunities making them significant contributors to the global market place.
- To promote multicultural awareness, international understanding, cross-cultural training, and world affairs education at SC State University
- To promote the integration of international understanding and global awareness in the curriculum
- To serve as the catalyst for negotiating, implementing, and maintaining international linkages with institutions of higher education in other countries
- To support study abroad programs, international student and scholar exchange programs, and the National Student Exchange program
- To support other programs, events, and activities that strengthen the international dimensions of the University
- To provide services that assist with the recruitment and retention of international students
- To establish a financially sustainable Center of International Education