When you step onto our historic 160-acre campus, you will feel the energy and pride that comes from a SC State student - a Bulldog.
Our faculty brings perspectives that are as diverse as their teaching styles and research interests. Eighty percent of our faculty members possess terminal degrees and our class sizes are designed to give you the personal attention you need to achieve academic excellence.
With three undergraduate colleges, a graduate school and more than 50 majors, SC State offers challenging and competitive undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs designed for nearly every professional ambition.
In fact, SC State is the place where ambition turns into ability - with challenging academic programs that will help you meet and exceed the challenges of the real world.
Everything you need ...
- Diverse student body of 4,500 with representatives from 21 countries
- 80% of our faculty hold terminal degrees in their field of expertise
- Small class size: 17:1 Student/Faculty Ratio
- 160-acre campus
- New apartment-style residence hall
- Over 50 majors for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Innovative offerings such as our Master of Transportation and undergraduate Nuclear Engineering programs
- Most diverse faculty of any South Carolina public university
- Generated over $41.2 million in external research grants and contracts
... To Succeed.
- Ranked #1 nationally for colleges and universities that rank social mobility (Source: Washington Monthly)
- 40% of graduates continue their education in advanced degrees
- SC State graduates earn $207 million more in additional income as a direct result of their degree - according to a 2005-06 Economic Impact Study
SC State has produced:
- Eight college presidents
- One hundred and fourteen athletes who have entered the ranks of professional sports
- Harry Carson was inducted in the 2006 Pro Football Hall of Fame
- More than 2016 minority officers in the U.S. Army, surpassing West Point and 14 General Officers
- Six members of the current South Carolina General Assembly
- James E. Clyburn, Majority Whip for the 111th Congress