South Carolina State University is dedicated to providing an exceptional educational experience for students like you and empowering you to pursue and achieve your goals. To accomplish that, we strive to offer high-quality programs and curricula that provide a strong foundation of knowledge. While also keeping pace with the latest innovations and developments in the world of academics and in the subjects we cover.
Led by Dr. Frederick M. G. Evans, acting Provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, SC State's Division of Academic Affairs is responsible for maintaining that quality. The Academic Affairs team works hard to oversee all of SC State's academic programs and departments. From approving curriculum to supporting faculty to developing policies and instructional techniques, they ensure every course taught at SC meets the needs of our students.
Academic Affairs also oversees a number of other important programs and divisions that provide great value to students. These include:
- Office of International and National Exchange Programs
- Office of Student Success, Retention, and TRIO Programs
- Office of the Registrar and Veterans' Affairs
- I.P. Stanback Museum and Planetarium
- Office of the Associate Provost for Sponsored Programs and Research
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research
- Center for Online Distance and Education
To learn more about the many programs SC State has to offer, please visit our Academics page!