Teaching of Mathematics
Double Major in Mathematics and Computer Science
The Computer Science and Mathematics Department offers programs leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in the following major areas: Computer Science, Mathematics, Teaching of Mathematics, and Mathematics and Computer Science (Double Major).
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, the graduates of the Computer Science Program are expected to attain the following:
- Apply general and computing specific knowledge and skills to pursue computing related careers in teaching, industry, and government.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one’s chosen career field.
Student Outcomes for Computer Science Program
Graduates of the program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.