Graduate School Admissions Criteria
Applicants for the Master of Education degree in Counselor Education must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Applicants must present a complete Portfolio to be eligible for the interview conducted by the departmental Screening and Admissions Committee. The complete Portfolio must be presented prior to the specified deadline if the applicant is to be considered for admission the following academic term (Deadline dates: July 15 for Fall, December 1 for Spring, and April 1 for Summer admission, respectively). The Portfolio must contain the following:
- Application: A Complete application, for Graduate School indicating the M.Ed. Program in Counselor Education as the intended major.
- Goal Statement: A logically developed statement of career goals and plans attached to the Graduate School application.
- Transcripts: Copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Assessment Data: (A) GRE or MAT score; (B) English Proficiency Examination score (contact graduate school); (c) undergraduate GPA and graduate GPA; all transcripts; (D) Praxis I – Per-professional Skill Test scores (Reading and Writing scores only.)
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters, using the form provided.
- Personal Resume
Contact the Graduate School at: