Bachelor of Science in Biology
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
Bachelor of Science in Physics
Bachelor of Science in Teaching of Biology
Bachelor of Science in Teaching of Chemistry
Industrial & Elec. Engineering Technology/Physics
Biological & Physical Sciences offers courses designed to contribute to the understanding and appreciation of fundamental knowledge in the sciences. It also prepares students for teaching, professional careers, and the pre-professional studies of medicine, dentistry and other fields requiring a scientific background.
The program and course offerings in the Department of Biological and Physical Sciences undergird the goals of the College of Science, Mathematics and Engineering Technology. The objectives of these programs and course offerings are to provide appropriate learning experiences that enable students:
- To understand the fundamental importance of science in daily life through basic, general course offerings;
- To develop an appreciation for the natural sciences and scientific endeavors;
- To develop scientific attitudes and skills in evaluation and problem solving as a basis for pursuing knowledge;
- To pursue research opportunities in the natural sciences;
- To obtain basic, quality training necessary for entering medical and allied health careers; and
- To obtain training necessary to become professional scientists, science teachers, or pursue advanced graduate work.