Prepare to Lead: Learn What Type of Management Degree Is Right for You at South Carolina State University
Are you looking for a management school that offers multiple program paths? Do you want to customize your own type of management degree to fit your personal and professional interests?
At South Carolina State University, our management degree is loaded with options. Our Bachelor of Science in Management degree program will help you develop a well-rounded understanding of the operation and management of business enterprises. You’ll gain a deep understanding of:
- Managing a business and its employees
- How to market and sell products
- The roles of accounting and information technology
- Macro and microeconomic forces that shape business
You’ll be well prepared to manage and lead in business areas such as production and operations management, banking, finance, wholesale/retail management, business consulting, and more.
Create your own path at SC State
Our unique type of management school degree offers you four different tracks and four minors. Create your own customized program of study to specialize in your chosen area(s) and chart your focused career path.
Management program tracks
- Management information systems degree track
- Retail management degree track
- Finance management degree track
- Human resource management degree track
- Business administration
- International business
- Human resource management
Method of Instruction
Management Degree Program Highlights
South Carolina State’s management school education will develop and deepen your knowledge of decision-making, teamwork, communication, ethics, and business technology. Our type of management degree program offers you a number of advantages, including the ability to:
Choose your track to focus your career path
The type of management degree you pursue can affect your future success. Here at SC State you can focus your management program by choosing from our management information systems degree track, retail management degree track, finance management degree track, or human resource management degree track.
Gain real business experience
The student-run Belcher Café on campus offers experience in running a retail business. Our internships offer hands-on experience at local businesses. We also offer opportunities to collaborate with faculty on research, and management program students get opportunities to travel abroad through our international management program.
Consider a minor to enhance your marketability
Gain a competitive advantage by choosing to minor in business administration, international business, human resource management, or finance.
Benefit from more tools focused on your success
South Carolina State offers a number of facilities, departments, and services designed to enhance your education and your success. Take advantage of our Innovation and Entrepreneurship Hub, Digital Media Laboratory, and Career Center.
Graduates of our management degree program in Spring Class of 2022
Tracks offered, in management information systems, retail management, finance, and human resources
Minors to choose from, in business administration, international business, human resources, and finance
What Can You Do With a Management Degree?
Earning your management school degree from South Carolina State will prepare you to excel in a wide variety of business areas. With your human resource management degree, retail management degree, finance management degree, or management information systems degree, you will be prepared to excel in any type of management career.
Your career path may include areas like banking, finance, production and operations management, management information systems, wholesale/retail management, entrepreneurship, business consulting, or other area. Our graduates hold job titles like:
- Account or sales executive
- Digital community manager
- Human resource manager
- Logistics manager
- Marketing or advertising manager
- Operations manager
- Project manager
What kind of salary can I expect with a management degree?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment in management occupations is projected to grow 8% from now through 2031 — faster than the average for all occupations. The median annual wage for this group is $102,450 — the highest of all the major occupational groups.
What Will You Study in Management?
As a student in the South Carolina State management program, your coursework will include a deep dive into a number of business and management topics to give you the knowledge and skills to succeed in any area of management. Classes focusing on your areas of interest will depend largely on the track you choose.
- Management information systems degree track: Study how managing people, processes, and technology can increase profits and the value of a business.
- Retail management degree track: Learn how to market and sell products at the retail level, including product selection, distribution, and inventory management.
- Finance management degree track: Gain deep insights into the production, distribution, and consumption of financial tools like currency and capital assets.
- Human resource management degree track: Develop knowledge of effective and efficient management of people to maximize employee performance and a business’s strategic objectives.