The following forms can be downloaded on your computer and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office, 2nd Floor Moss Hall, or mail the completed form to Registrar Office, P. O. Box 8104, 300 College Street, Northeast, Orangeburg, SC 29117


Used by Undergraduates to petition for re-admission to the Univerity after being dismissed or suspended for Academic reasons.

Change of Grade Form
(In Registrar’s Office Only)

Used to change a student’s official grade previously provided by the instructor. This form can only be picked up in the Registrar’s Office by a Faculty member. Therefore there is no link to the document.

Used to provide the parameters for a student who will receive an “I” to complete his/her course work for a grade.

Petition for Adjustment to Academic Record
(In Registrar’s Office Only)

Used for adjustments to a student’s record in a prior term the was not handled due to circmstances byond the student’s control.


Used to apply for graduation during the Spring, Summer or Fall Semesters.

Application for Graduation Used to apply for graduation in the Graduate Certificate programs during the Spring, Summer or Fall Semesters

Used to sustitute one course for another on academic record as long as the courses are similiar and/or compariable.

Used to order a Replacement or Duplicate Diploma for South Carolina State University students who have lost their Diploma or want an additional Diploma.

The replacement degree will include the most recent administrative signatures (South Carolina State University President, South Carolina Governor and Chairman of Board of Trustees). These signatures may differ from your original based on the issuing date, but should still be deemed as official.

Used to apply for graduation in the Graduate Certificate programs during the Spring, Summer or Fall Semesters


Used for change the degree catalog for which a student is following for graduation. Note you cannot change from the current program to an old curriculum.

Used to request a change of a student’s address, name, and ssn in the student information system. The address can also be changed using Bulldog Connection at Note that documentation must also be included to show name change or ssn change(e.g. marriage license, drivers license, ssn card, etc.)

Used by Undergraduates to change/declare a major.

Used by Undergraduates to change/declare a secondary major.

Used by Undergraduates to declare/change a minor

Used to place or release a Privacy Hold on directory information such as name, address, telephone number, etc., from being released to anyone without your written authorization. Picture I.D. is required to make changes.

Used by student who are not South Carolina Residents to apply for in-state status.

This form must be accompanied by the Residency Application Student Form. This form is to be completed by the parents, spouse, or guardian or any person having legal custody of any student or prospective student who is seeking to establish eligibility to pay the in-state rate on tuition and fees at South Carolina State University.

Used in the event that the staff needed by the student is not available at that time.

Used by student to authorize release of their information to a 3rd party, or by parents/guardian of a dependent student.

Used to verify a student’s enrollment, attendance, degrees, credit hours taken, etc, for insurance or other purposes.

Used to Certify VA students during the Spring, Summer or Fall Semesters


Used to get the instructor’s permission to attend a class during and/or after the official registration and add/drop period.

Used by the student to obtain authorization to register for a course when the computer system does not recognize that they have met the necessary requirements (prerequisites, co-requisites, min GPA, etc) or the course is full. You must take this from to the department chairperson over the course for authorization before returning it to the Registrar’s Office.

Used by the student to test out of any given course at the University, unless otherwise prohibited by degree, department or school criteria. Please see catalog for rules and regulations.

Used to allow the student to enroll at Claflin University and Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College under the Cross-Registration Agreement between the three colleges.

Used to grant absentee enrollment in a course. This agreement has a structured outline on how the course must be completed.

Used when a student desires to either receive a Pass/Fail grade or Audit a class. Please refer to the catalog for rules and regulations.

Used for Senior Citizens to request tuition free attendance during the Spring and Fall semesters.

Used to allow the student to attend approved Colleges and Universities within the National Student Exchange Program for a specified semester. This process transfers credit and grades.

Used to allow the student to attend those Colleges and Universities approved by the University as having equivalent courses for a specified semester. This process transfers credit ONLY.

Used to initiate a complete Withdrawal from the University. The result is that all courses will be dropped (if prior to the 30th day of classes), or a grade of “W” will appear on the transcript if after the 30th day of classes.

Special Forms

Used to various departments, organization and individuals to request infromation from the Registrar’s Office. Please note that not all requests will be approved.

Trading Partner Agreement

Used by other College and Universities that are using EDI ( Electronic Data Interchange) to inform South Carolina State University of an intent to exchange electronic transcripts with us. This is not a student, department or University form. Please call (803) 536-8826 for copy of this form.