The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Written authorization for the release of any information regarding a student’s educational record must come from the student.
All financial obligations to the University must be resolved before your transcript can be released. If you submit an order online and you have an outstanding balance with the University your order will be cancelled. Therefore, prior to submitting your online transcript request, please contact the <strong>Office of Accounts Receivable (803-536-8077, 803-536-8442 or 803-536-8550) and Loan Management (803-536-8612 or 803-536-7139) </strong>to verify your account status.
- SC State University does not fax transcripts; neither do we accept fax transcript requests.
- Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions must be submitted to that institution. The transferred course will appear as the equivalent course at South Carolina State University.
- Once a transcript is opened, it is no longer official, therefore another request and fee must be submitted in order to obtain another official copy.
- Complimentary unofficial transcripts are available via Bulldog Connection to students that are currently enrolled at the University. If you are no longer enrolled at SC State University, you must follow the standard procedure for requesting a transcript as outlined below.
Procedures for Ordering a Transcript Online
New Customer: Please have credit/debit card available for online orders.
- Click on ‘NEW’ Online Transcript Request.
- Click on ‘Create Account’ and follow the instructions as outlined.
- Click on ‘Send to Yourself’, ‘Another Individual’, or ‘Third Party’ to enter the mailing address.
- Follow instructions for payment.
- Maintain your order number for inquiries regarding your transcript request.
Returning customers: Please have your username and password available for online orders.
Delivery Options for Academic Transcripts:
- Electronic Transcripts are available within 24-72 hours after receipt of your online request. If you are sending an electronic transcript to someone other than yourself, please make certain that you have a valid email address to include in your online order. If you attended the University prior to 1984 please allow an additional 48 hours for processing and availability.
- Paper Copy of an academic transcript is sent via standard U.S. Mail by Parchment Exchange. Allow 5-7 business days for receipt of your paper transcript.
- The online account is being created by you; therefore, it is your responsibility to make certain that you type in the correct mailing and/or email address at the time that you submit your order online. We do not have access to make any corrections to your online order.
- Once your order has been submitted, Parchment Exchange will send you a confirmation receipt for your order and an email delivery notification when the transcript has been processed.
- Your credit/debit card will be pre-authorized for the purchased amount when your order is initially placed online, however, the fee will not be charged to your credit/debit card until the transcript request has been processed.
- South Carolina State University has authorized Avow Systems, Inc. to provide PDF transcripts that are secured by a digital certificate, which ensures that the transcript has been prepared and delivered by South Carolina State University’s Office of the Registrar and that it is an original unaltered document.
- Adobe Reader 6.04 or higher is required to access an electronic transcript. We do not recommend that you access your transcript from your smartphones.
- Due to high security measures, federal government agencies may or may not be able to download an electronic transcript.
- Once an electronic transcript has been delivered, you or the recipient will have 3 opportunities and given up to 15 days to download the transcript, after that time, the order will expire and you/recipient will no longer have access to the document. Please save the PDF to view at a later date. Once the document has expired, it is no longer available for viewing. Therefore, a new transcript request and fee will have to be submitted online for another copy of the transcript. Transcript fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If you have a form (i.e. AMCAS, SOPHAS, LSAT, etc.) that must be attached to your academic transcript, you can upload the form at the time that you submit your online request.