Federal Student Aid
South Carolina State University offers and accepts a wide variety of aid for students. Please review carefully the aid available and all processes and procedures for application and administration.
In order to receive Federal aid, Students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately after October 1st. The school code for South Carolina State University is 003446. Remember: Some funds are limited, so it’s a good idea to apply as soon as possible.
Applying for financial aid and applying for admission to South Carolina State University are separate processes. Students do not need to wait for admission to be admitted to the University to complete the FAFSA. Students’ data will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility when they have been officially accepted for admission into a degree seeking program. New and transfer students need to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or School of Graduate Studies and follow their instructions regarding the admissions process.
Financial Aid Forms
Federal and State Aid Eligibility
- Have a processed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
- Be admitted as a regular student in a degree seeking program.
- Be a Citizen of the U.S. or an eligible non–citizen.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Males between the ages of 18–25 must register with Selective Service
- Not be in default or owe a repayment of any Title IV Funds.
- Register for sufficient number of credit hours for certain types of aid.